Volunteer leaders are responsible for the work, direction and future of the Saint Paul Parks Conservancy.
The Advisory Board is a committee established by the Board of Directors for the purpose of fundraising, project or program input, fiscal sponsorship and/or other volunteer involvement as directed. Responsibilities include:
- Attending Advisory Board meetings as scheduled (not more than quarterly).
- Providing input to the Board of directors on selecting projects and programs to support.
- Identifying and/or personally contacting individuals, corporations and foundations for financial support.
- Participating in special events.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors provides governance to the organization, represents it to the community, and accepts the ultimate legal authority for it. The Board thinks and acts strategically, establishes goals and strategies, and in addition, completes the tasks assigned in the annual business plan.
- Attending monthly board meetings
- Participating in Advisory Board meetings as scheduled
- Attending, supporting and participating in special events
- Leveraging personal, public and private resources to successfully meet defined project goals
- Creating and executing fundraising strategies
- Planning and coordinating special events
- Actively recruit additional board of directors and advisory board members
- Reaching out and establishing partnerships with allied associations and coalitions to reach project goals and execute project strategies
- Determining the projects and programs the organization will support
Term length: 3 years and as directed in the bylaws